"I want to break the indifference of the days, I want a conscience that will keep me wide awake."
Keep in mind these have been translated from Arabic. I’ve done my best to maintain the original lunacy but in some quotes it’s a bit lost.
1. A woman has the right to run for election whether she’s male or female!
2. Were it not for electricity, we would have to watch television in the dark.
3. I am not such a dictator that I would shut down Facebook. I’ll merely imprison anyone who logs in to it.
4. Protest however you want, but do not go onto the streets and squares!
5. I will stay in Libya until I die, or until the end of the time God allows me to live!
6. Obeying your parents is more important than doing as your parents say.
7. Democracy means permanent rule! (This is an Arabic play on words.)